Brining is the best way to ensure your meat stays moist and juicy no matter how you cook it. This kit makes a 5% brine. Choose the option that includes a syringe for injecting the brine directly into your meat.
1. Fill a pot with either 1L or 5L of water depending on your kit size.. Add the brine kit to the pot.
2. Bring to a boil stirring constantly to prevent the sugar from burning to the bottom of the pot.
3. Once boiled, remove the brine from the heat and transfer to a container large enough to hold the brine and portion to let it cool.
4. When cold, submerge your protein into the brine.
5. Before cooking, rinse and dry the protein.
Tip: Use only half the water when boiling the brine. Measure out the other half of the water as ice. Pour the heated brine over the ice in order to chill the brine faster and use it sooner.
Brine Length Guidelines:
Chicken Breast/Pork Chops – 1-2 hours
Whole Chicken/Roast – 6-8 hours
Whole Turkey – 24 hours
Tip: Injecting the brine into the meat will reduce the amount of brine time by up to 2-3 hours
Salt, sugar, black peppercorn, star anise, bay leaf.