Who we are
What information we collect
“Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual or is linked to an identifiable individual, such as name, address, e-mail address, your device’s IP address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or Services or be able to access and use the Website or Services at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website or Services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes, communications with you, service purchases, user support and surveys.
We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
West Side Beef collects the following types of Personal Information from users who create an account, place an order, submit a form, sign up for our newsletter, or otherwise use any service offered on this site.
- First name
- Last name
- Full address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Credit card and billing information
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information
- geographic location
In addition, the West Side Beef Services will automatically store information about your transaction history in using the Services, including order details.
Why we collect information
We collect the above information for the following purposes:
- Registration: In order to use our Services, you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as (but not limited to) your full name, address, phone number, credit card information and email address. Your account registration information will not be shared with any other users of the Website or our Services.
- Provision of the Services: West Side Beef uses your name, address, and phone number to deliver the products you order through the Services, including any orders placed as a result of special offers or promotions.
- Personalization of the Services: In addition to the Personal Information required to administer your account, West Side Beef collects demographic information such as age in order provide relevant order suggestions, content, and promotions.
- Transactional Notifications: We provide notifications for certain activities relating to your use of our Services despite your indicated e-mail and SMS preferences. For example, when you receive an email confirmation of when your order is placed detailing your purchase, subscription details if applicable, and delivery date/time.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services used through the Website, including order types by demographic and location. We use this information to improve the Services and available products. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that constitute Non-Personal Information will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
- Analytics: This Website uses analytics in order to understand the popularity of products and/or pages, optimize the service and user experience of our Website, troubleshoot, create promotions and/or ads, and provide customer service.
- Sale: We do not sell your information.
This Website uses analytics in order to understand the popularity of products and/or pages, optimize the service and user experience of our Website, troubleshoot, create promotions and/or ads, communicate changes, and provide customer service. These analytics are collected through WooCommerce and Live Chat, and Mailchimp. These analytics are collected anonymously and stored as aggregate statistics, unless you are signed into your account and have allowed tracking cookies through your cookie preferences.
Who we share your data with
Your data may be shared with third-parties only in the capacity that is required to provide a Service including (but not limited to) processing an order, providing communication about changes/promotions, and customer service. In order for your data to be shared with them, you will have had to consent to each instance. Your data may be shared with the following third-parties, who’s privacy polices are all linked.
By providing your email address and/or phone number, you consent to receive electronic communications from West Side Beef either in the form of email, push notifications, text messages (SMS) to your mobile device or other forms of electronic messages. These messages will either be transactional or non-transactional in nature. Transactional communications are in place in order for us to enhance our service to you by allowing you to (but not limited to) confirm, track, and receive your orders. Non-transactional communications are in place to enhance your experience by providing communications such as order reminders, promotions, recommendations, or other information from us to you. Message frequency will vary. You can always follow the protocol to stop, cancel, or unsubscribe to SMS or email notifications. Note that doing so may lead to a lower quality of service, or other unforeseen circumstances. Standard message and data rates may apply. Any electronic communication shall satisfy any legal requirement that such communication or notification be in writing.
How long we retain data
Other than exceptions described in this document, information is stored for as long as we have reason to keep it. Cookies have a varitey of duration based on their use, but always expire.
What rights you have over your data
You can request a record of any information we have about you at any time, and may also request an information removal. If you request that your information be removed from our databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all your Personal Information due to technological and legal constraints. Removing your data my also affect your future use of our Website and Services such as (but not limited to) account and/or subscription recovery, or completing an information request.
How we protect your data
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If a data breach has come to our attention, a notice will be sent out, and we will take all the necessary steps to locate and secure the breach as quickly as possible.
Amendment of this Policy
Last Updated 11/15/2021