Beef wellington doesn’t always need to be expensive! These mini beef wellingtons feature our newly available Grass-Fed lean ground beef that cuts down on price & time in the kitchen.
- 2 West Side Beef Free Range eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 lbs West Side Beef Lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 2 TBSP dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 TBSP cream
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1/3 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix beef, eggs, panko, parsley, salt, and cream together well in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook on medium-high heat until mushrooms sweat and onions are translucent. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the garlic, red wine, and basil. Turn the heat back up to high and continue to cook until reduced. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface layout pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 4 squares. Spread mushroom, onion mixture across each square. Top with a sprinkle of cheese. Put 1/3 cup of meat mixture on top. Fold pastry up over meat and pinch edges together.
- Put the parcels on a cookie sheet with seam side down, brush the tops with an additional beaten egg. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and meat is cooked through