This soup is perfect for those that need a quick weeknight meal after a long day or a comforting soup that you can dip into all weekend long!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 cups lentils, green or brown, soaked overnight
- 2 cans crushed tomato
- 8 cups West Side Beef chicken broth
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 3 TBSP cumin
- 2 TBSP coriander powder
- 2 TBSP smoked paprika powder
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 lemon (zest + juice)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in an instant pot on “sautee”. Add onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes until garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir. Place lid on instant pot & change mode to meat, set for 41 minutes. Allow the instant pot to decompress/ vent on its own, or manually release pressure according to pot instructions.
- After the time is up, remove lid safely, stir and add additional liquid cup by cup if necessary. Simmer the liquid for 20 minutes on “sautee” if needed.
- Using an immersion blender, blend down the soup until there are still some whole lentils and chunks of veggies. Alternatively, you can add half of the soup to a blender and puree.
- Add lemon and salt. Stir to combine. Ladle into bowls. Serve with warm crusty bread & butter and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!