The perfect gravy to float away in! This rich and sagey take on a classic is incredibly versatile and absolutely perfect for the season.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 cups West Side Beef Chicken Stock or pan drippings (or combination of both)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add butter and shallots. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until shallots become translucent.
- Slowly add flour until a rue forms, thick and dense, whisking constantly. Add stock and sage, continue whisking.
- Add wine & soy sauce. Whisking occasionally as the gravy begins to bubble and thicken. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 5-6 minutes as the gravy begins to thicken again. Once desired consistency is formed, pour into a gravy boat and serve hot.