Turn your regular poutine into a mouth-watering, drool-worthy poutine with this to-die-for recipe!
- 2 lbs WSB Boneless Beef Cheeks
- 3-4 large yellow potatoes, cut into fries
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 cups WSB Beef Stock
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 3 TBSP tomato paste
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 TBSP fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 TBSP fresh rosemary, removed from stem
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese curds
- Add canola oil to a large pan over medium heat, salt and pepper beef cheeks on all sides. Sear each side beef cheeks until browned.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a dutch oven, over medium heat, add butter, onions, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often until onions soften and begin to gently brown.
- Add 1/4 of the wine to dutch oven to deglaze, scraping up all the browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaf, and chili powder to dutch oven. Stir to combine.
- Add beef cheeks to a dutch oven. Add the rest of the wine & stock. Stir to combine, basting the beef cheeks. Cover with a lid and add to the oven. Let cook for 4 – 4.5 hours, basting hourly (until beef falls apart and can be cut with a spoon).
- Meanwhile, Coat potatoes in oil & rosemary. Bake at 300 for 2-hours, flipping intermittently. Cook on broil (500) for 5 mins to crisp up at the end.
- When the beef is done, remove a ladle of the stock mixture from the dutch oven. Allow to cool a little before adding corn starch. stir to create a slurry and add to the dutch oven. gently stir to combine to create a “gravy”.
- Serve fries in a small cast-iron skillet. Add cheese curds, top with a generous portion of beef cheeks, mushrooms, onions, and gravy.